- Harness the Web. One of the best ways to attract people is by promoting the open house as widely as you can and as early as possible in the place where most buyers are lurking—on the Web. Post the information on platforms such as REALTOR.com, Trulia, Zillow, and the multiple listing service (MLS). Advertising on social media is also a great way to reach potential buyers, especially millennials. Include 4-6 photos of the home in a boosted Facebook post, which links to a landing page where visitors can see a little bit more about the home, or you can create a separate event post for each open house.
- Build a Single Property Site. One of the premier ways to maximize the marketing for a property is to dedicate a single property site for the listing itself. Single property sites allow you to focus entirely on one of your listings and expound upon the details of the home for potential buyer leads — for instance, a map showing popular businesses and top-rated schools nearby and more info on specific room types and amenities at the property (e.g. laundry room, balcony, office, backyard, etc.).
- Signs, Signs, and More Signs. Use a mix of company-branded signs and specialty signs, which advertise giveaways ranging from fresh-brewed coffee to a list of area foreclosures. Different signs work for different properties. Signs will often attract curious passersby who may not be actively looking for a home. But that’s the point, you never know who will fall in love with the house. Most open house signs appear the day of the open house. To get more people to see your signs think about putting them out the Friday before the open. Place them in high traffic areas around schools and office buildings.
- Get Social. There are many ways to use multimedia on social networks to promote your open house — including images and recordings that advertise your listing and exhibit its many top features. Whether that’s Facebook albums, Instagram videos featuring quick preview tours, Twitter event updates, or even Pinterest boards to showcase the best of the property and area.
- Check Out Offices. Take a look at the offices and small businesses near your listing. Make up flyers for the open house and drop them off at the businesses. To draw more attention to the flyers include a small treat or coupons to a local business. Flyers usually get thrown in the trash so adding something of value makes it more likely that people will look at them.
Our Real Estate Virtual Assistants Can Help!
If you need help implementing any of the ideas above, feel free to give us a call! We'd love to help and can design customized images to promote your Open Houses on social media, in print, by building a single property site and even ordering your signs!